|PREP TIME:||COOKING TIME:||Serves|
|30 MINS||50 MINS||4|
Premium Baking Block / Buttery
- 900g (2lb) Seasonal Vegetables
- 225g (8oz) Onions
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- For the White sauce:
- 25g (1oz) Kerrymaid Premium Baking
- 25g (1oz) Plain flour
- 600ml (1pt) Milk
- For the Topping:
- 55g (2oz) Kerrymaid Grated White
- 55g (2oz) Plain Flour
- 25g (1oz) Kerrymaid Buttery
- 25g (1oz) Oats
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Prepare the seasonal vegetables as appropriate, and cut into medium/large chunks
- Peel and chop the onions and peel and crush the garlic.
- Grate the cheese for the topping
- Put the root vegetables, including the onion and garlic, into a roasting tray and mix with the oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. If using vegetables such as broccoli or cauliflower, blanch in boiling water for a few minutes
- For the topping, put the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the Kerrymaid Buttery into small cubes and rub into the flour. When it looks like breadcrumbs, add the oats and cheese and mix. Put to one side
- To make the sauce, melt the Kerrymaid Premium Baking in a pan, add the flour and cook over a gentle heat until the mixture turns sandy in colour and texture.
- Gradually add the milk, beating all the time, and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes over a low heat
- Put the vegetables on the bottom of a large, square, deep dish and add the sauce.
- Finally, sprinkle the topping over the dish, cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes
- Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheesy topping is bubbling and golden
TOP TIP FROM OUR CHEF
- A PERFECT WAY TO ENCOURAGE CONSUMPTION OF STUDENT’S FIVE-A-DAY SERVE WITH WARM, CRUSTY BREAD OR OUR CHEESE & CELERY HERB LOAF. DELICIOUS!
- Cereals containing gluten, Milk, Soya