|PREP TIME:||COOKING TIME:||Serves|
|45 MINS||25 MINS||4|
Premium Baking Block / Buttery
- For the Pastry:
- 225g (8oz) Plain Flour
- 55g (2oz) Kerrymaid Premium Baking
- 55g (2oz) Vegetable Shortening
- 15g (1/2oz) Caster Sugar
- 25ml (1floz) Water
- For the Filling:
- 175g (6oz) Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 55g (2oz) Kerrymaid Buttery
- 55g (2oz) Caster Sugar
- 25g (1oz) Golden Syrup
- 175g (6oz) Cornflakes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- To make the pastry, sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Cut the Kerrymaid Premium Baking and vegetable shortening into cubes and quickly rub into the flour using your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle in the 15g of sugar and water and mix using a round-bladed knife until the mixture begins to stick together in large lumps
- Collect the dough together to form a ball. Turn out onto a clean work surface and gently kneed and shape into an even ball, then roll out and use to line a 20–23cm (8- 9in) loose-based flan tin.
- Chill for about 30 minutes
- Neaten the edges of the pastry and line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans (or dried beans)
- Blind bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and paper and return to the oven to dry out for a further 5–10 minutes
- Spread the base of the pastry case with jam
- Melt the Kerrymaid Buttery, the 55g of sugar and syrup together in a pan, then add the cornflakes and mix.
- Spread this on top of the jam, then leave to cool and set
TOP TIP FROM OUR CHEF
- FOR AN EXTRA SPECIAL TREAT WHY NOT SERVE WITH KERRYMAID DOUBLE.
- Cereals containing Gluten, Milk, Soya