|PREP TIME:||COOKING TIME:||Serves|
|2 hours||10 mins||10|
- 200ml Kerrymaid Custard
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 8 Ladies Fingers
- 30ml Liquer of choice
- 100ml Kerrymaid Whipping
- Chocolate shavings
- Reserve one square of the chocolate for decoration and put the rest in a medium heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Once almost melted, remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Add the Kerrymaid Custard to the melted chocolate and stir well. Transfer to a saucepan and heat very gently, for just 20–30 seconds, stirring constantly until the custard is smooth and glossy. Don’t allow to get too warm.
- Line your trifle dish with ladies fingers around the base and sides. Drizzle with the liquer of choice.
- Pour the chocolate custard on top. Cover and chill for 2–3 hours, or overnight, until the custard is softly set.
- Top with chilled and whipped Kerrymaid Whipping.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top.
TOP TIP FROM OUR CHEF
- Layer up the ladies fingers for extra delight and add cherries for decoration!