|PREP TIME:||COOKING TIME:||Serves|
|20 MINS||120 MINS||6|
Premium Baking Block
- 600g (1lb 3oz) Diced Stewing Steak
- 150g (5.5oz) Onions
- 250g (9oz) Carrots
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 500g (1lb 2oz) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Chefs Pass Beef Bouillon Powder
- 600ml (1pnt) Water
- 200g (7oz) Mixed Beans
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 150g (5oz) Plain Flour
- 50g (2oz) Wholemeal Flour
- 100g (4oz) Kerrymaid Premium Baking
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Mixed Dried Herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Seal the beef in hot oil in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the finely diced onion and chopped garlic and cook for 5 minutes, then add the diced carrots
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, chilli powder, Chef’s Pass beef bouillon, water and the mixed herbs.
- Cover and place in the oven for 1 to 1 ½ hours
- For the dumplings, mix the flours and baking powder and gently rub in the Kerrymaid Premium Baking Block, then add the dried mixed herbs. Add a little water to form a soft dough
- Portion out 12 equal amounts of the dough and form into rounds
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board so that it is slightly larger than the tin. Press the sides down and cut off any excess
- Take the beef out of the oven and season. Add the beans and stir.
- Place the rounds of dumpling mixture on the top and bake for a further 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with your chosen potatoes and seasonal vegetables
TOP TIP FROM OUR CHEF
- PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE SERVING & JUST POP IT IN THE OVEN TO SAVE TIME!
- Cereals containing Gluten, Mustard, Celery, Milk, Soya