|PREP TIME:||COOKING TIME:||Serves|
|20 MINS||120 MINS||6|
Premium Baking Block
- 600g (1lb 3oz) Diced Stewing Steak
- 150g (5.5oz) Onions
- 250g (9oz) Carrots
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 500g (1lb 2oz) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Chefs Pass Beef Bouillon Powder
- 600ml (1pnt) Water
- 200g (7oz) Mixed Beans
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 150g (5oz) Plain Flour
- 50g (2oz) Wholemeal Flour
- 100g (4oz) Kerrymaid Premium Baking
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Mixed Dried Herbs
Preheat the oven to 200°C
Seal the beef in hot oil in an ovenproof dish.
Add the finely diced onion and chopped garlic and cook for 5 minutes, then add the diced carrots
Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, chilli powder, Chef’s Pass beef bouillon, water and the mixed herbs.
Cover and place in the oven for 1 to 1 ½ hours
For the dumplings, mix the flours and baking powder and gently rub in the Kerrymaid Premium Baking Block, then add the dried mixed herbs. Add a little water to form a soft dough
Portion out 12 equal amounts of the dough and form into rounds
Roll out the pastry on a floured board so that it is slightly larger than the tin. Press the sides down and cut off any excess
Take the beef out of the oven and season. Add the beans and stir.
Place the rounds of dumpling mixture on the top and bake for a further 20-25 minutes.
Serve with your chosen potatoes and seasonal vegetables
TOP TIP FROM OUR CHEF
- PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE SERVING & JUST POP IT IN THE OVEN TO SAVE TIME!
- Cereals containing Gluten, Mustard, Celery, Milk, Soya