Kerrymaid has partnered with the Craft Guild of Chefs and Reece Collier, Head Pastry Chef of the Grove Hotel in Watford to create this indulgent Bread & Butter pudding perfect for Easter.
Breakfast Butter Pudding
(Serves Approximately 6)
5 whole eggs
5 egg yolks
500g Kerrymaid Single
10g vanilla extract
175g caster sugar
10 breakfast croissants/Danish pastries
100g apricot jam
Sultanas to liking
1. Bring the milk and Kerrymaid Single to the boil with the vanilla extract and remove from the heat once boiled.
2. Lightly whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together. Add half the milk mixture onto the egg mixture, and then return the egg mixture to the pan. Making sure to mix thoroughly.
3. Leave the mixture to stand before using.
To assemble the pudding
1. Slice the Danish pastries in half, or leave whole if they are smaller. Grease the dish with Kerrymaid Buttery and arrange the pastries in the dish, with sultanas mixed throughout the pastries.
2. Pour the custard mix over the pastries and leave to soak for 30 minutes. Top up the mixture and place in the oven at 150°, covered with foil, for approximately 30-45 minutes.
3. Uncover the pudding and leave to brown slightly on top.
4. Make the apricot glaze by combining the apricot jams with the water and bringing to the boil. Brush the pudding with the glaze immediately after removing from the oven.