Kerrymaid has partnered with the Craft Guild of Chefs and Luke Stephens, Head Chef of the Bull at Great Totham, Essex, to create this indulgent Bread & Butter pudding, perfect for Easter.
Bread and Butter Pudding
300g diced brioche
300ml Kerrymaid Double
7 egg yolks
60g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
1. Toast half the diced brioche in the oven to golden brown.
2. Soak the raisins in warm water.
3. In a sauce pan whisk the Kerrymaid Double, milk, agar-agar and vanilla, bring to a simmer.
4. Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a separate pan and pour in the hot Kerrymaid Double mixture.
5. Cook the Kerrymaid Double mixture and the egg mixture to reach an anglaise consistency.
6 Line a suitable sized container with parchment paper and combine the brioche and the drained raisins.
7 Pour the cooked anglaise over the brioche and allow to soak in.
8 Set in the fridge for an hour, portion, and brulee with caster sugar for colour.
9 Warm in a microwave or oven and serve with Kerrymaid Custard.