- 250ml - Kerrymaid Double
- 250ml - Kerrymaid Single
- 130g - Kerrymaid Buttery
- 130g - clear honey
- Small bunch of mint
- 500g - good quality dark chocolate (high cocoa %)
- Cocoa powder
- Finely chopped pistachio nuts or almonds
- Crushed chocolate
- Crumbled amaretti biscuits
- Pour the Kerrymaid Double and Kerrymaid Single into a saucepan and add the mint leaves. Leave for 5-6 minutes on a low heat to infuse the mint.
- While this is heating, break the chocolate and add to a bowl with the Kerrymaid Buttery and honey.
- Sieve the hot Kerrymaid Double and Kerrymaid Single mix to dispose of the mint leaves and add to the chocolate, honey and Buttery mix whilst stirring until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and chill for an hour or until set.
- Remove the truffle mixture from the fridge and scoop out individual portions, shape into a circle by rolling in your hands. Toss the truffle in the desired coating and place on a separate plate.
- Once you have done this with all of the mixture, refrigerate the truffles until firm.
- Once set, arrange the truffles in a box/tin and keep refrigerated. For individual portions arrange neatly on a small dish and serve.